- Visit the world famous Bournville chocolate factory built by Cadbury almost 200 years ago.
- Explore its fascinating history and you'll learn lots about:
- Chocolate production
- How Cadbury was at the forefront of advertising,
- Cadbury family, past and present
- Products and philanthropy.
- A great experience for all ages
- Cadbury factory tours had always been popular but difficult to organise in a production environment.
- So Cadbury World was conceived and opened its doors in 1990.
- It immediately became one of the top UK visitor attractions.
- First chocolate produced in bars 1875 & Easter Eggs 1879
- Bournville 'The Factory in a Garden' site also home of Cadbury World was born 1897
- Cadbury famous products include: Cadbury Dairy Milk (1906), Bournville Cocoa drink (1906), Bournville Chocolate (1914), Fry's Turkish Delight (1915), Milk Tray (1920), Flake (1929), Crunchie (1938), Cadbury Roses (1948), Fudge (1958), Curly Wurly (1970), Creme Egg (1981), Wispa (1985), Boost (1987), Twirl (1989), Inspirations (1996)
- In 2003 Cadbury Schweppes becomes the World's Leading Confectionery Company.
- In the Cadbury World you will be taken on a journey through a series of interactive zones...
- Aztec Jungle - Go backl 1000 years back in time to Mexico and find out about the cocoa tree
- Bull Street - Walk into Bull Street, a full-scale replica of the original street where John Cadbury opened his shop in 1824!
- The Cadbury Story - John Cadbury tells you the inspiring story of his early struggles to establish the business
- Making Chocolate - Discover how chocolate is made.
- Manufacturing - Interactive videos you'll learn all about different kinds of Cadbury chocolate
- Cadabra - Step into one of our Beanmobiles and enjoy a gentle ride through a chocolate wonderland.
- Demonstration Area - Interesting demonstartions. Have a go at writing your name in chocolate.
- Advertising Avenue - Cadbury's has always been pioneers of advertising. How many great Cadbury ads will you remember?
- Purple Planet - It's state-of-the-art, it's interactive - it's out of this world! Experience chocolate like you never have before.
- World's Biggest Cadbury Shop - Fancy treating yourself to a memento of your visit? The World's Biggest Cadbury Shop is packed full of them!
- The Bournville Experience - In this interactive exhibition you can discover how the village was created
- Essence - Go back in time and discover the secret behind Cadbury Dairy Milk's unique taste.
- African Adventure Play Area - Up to three floors high with tube slides, climbing zones and rope bridges, there's plenty of fun to be had in our new African Adventure play area. And, for mini-explorers, there's a separate zone for the under 5's.
Where is it...
- Cadbury World
- Tel: 0844 880 7667
- Web: http://www.cadburyworld.co.uk
How far is it from Ling Safari?
- 20 miles by car from Ling Safari to Cadbury World
How do I get there
Please copy and paste or type our post code into the above box DY121LN to get your route.